Successful Employee Recruitment – ‘3 Ingredients for Success’
27th October 2017
Ingredient 1 – ‘Build your candidate pool before you need it’
The best candidates are usually working for someone else and they may not even be looking for a new position. So, we suggest that the following may help you to build a candidate pool for when your organisation needs it – it also speeds up the recruitment time.
- Invest time in developing relationships with university placement offices, recruiters, and executive search firms.
- Enable current staff members to actively participate in industry professional associations and conferences where they are likely to meet candidates you may successfully woo.
- Watch the online job boards for potential candidates who may have resumes online even if they’re not currently looking.
Use professional association websites and magazines to advertise for professional staff.
- Look for potential employees on LinkedIn and in other social media outlets. Bring your best prospects in to meet them before you need them.
Ingredient 2 – ‘Hire the smartest person you can find’
Hire for strengths; don’t expect to develop weak areas of performance, habits, and talents. Build on what is great about your new employee in the first place.
If you’re looking for someone who will work well with people, you need to hire an individual who has the talent of working well with people. You’re unlikely to train missing talents into the person later. You can try, but then, you are not building on the employee’s strengths which research recommends.
Ingredient 3 – ‘Involve your employees in the recruitment process”
You have three opportunities to involve your employees in the recruiting process.
- Your employees can recommend excellent candidates to your firm.
- They can assist you to review CV’s and qualifications of potential candidates.
- They can help you interview people to assess their potential “fit” within your company.
Organisations that fail to use employees to assess potential employees are under utilising one of their most important assets. People who participate in the selection process are committed to helping the new employee succeed. It can’t get any better than that for you and the new employee.
If you would like to hear more of our top tips for successful employee recruitment – Please call the experts from jme hr solutions on +44 (0)78 9183 9136.